Monday, December 14, 2015

Blog



Last week I went to the writing center to ask Ms. Swift to correct my diary entries. I am worried about my entry, because English is not my first language, so I always make many grammar mistakes when I write a paragraph or a sentence. That is the reason why I went to writing center to ask Ms. Swift to correct my grammar mistakes. Writing center is located on humanities second floor left side. It is a small room and has a long table in the room. That was my first time going to writing center. I was very nervous, because no one was there at first and I asked other students. They told me to wait for a while as she was away. I was very nervous also because the teacher who works in writing center I never heard about anything of her. When I went to the small room she was smiling to me. "Thanks god!" I thought "She is a friendly person." She said "Do you need help?" I am still nervous so I answered strangely "Yes, Ms. Guarino told me I should come here..." I had to wait for two other students to get their work done. Which took about 20 minutes until it is my turn. Then she let me signed up my name and showed my work to her. She let me read my work loudly, which made me nervous again. I don't like my work being read out loud in front of others like that. She made me realized when I writing a paragraph I always worried about to start writing the first sentence, and because of this I always use same worlds on the first sentence. Starting with the same world would always make my sentences very boring and hard to read. She gave me a lot of useful suggestions and even ideas to put into my writing to get better content and achieve a higher grade. Other than that my vocabulary is fine, except she told me to add more adjectives to objects. She is very patient to all of us students; she really teaches us grammar from her heart. She wanted us to earn a higher grade in every class that we take that involves writing papers. My diary has improved a lot after visiting the writing center; the writing center is very efficient at helping students to get their work done. I have never thought that the writing center can help me out so much because it made my diary smoother to read. Depends on my thinking, because I was a Chinese student before. I always think about my teachers can help me the best rather than the writer center's teacher who also could help me a lot. And her choice was very suited for me. When I finished my essay, I always thought it was perfect, but if I can read my essay loudly, I would find some mistakes in it. If I did not read it loudly and read it in my mind, I would not find any mistake in my essay, which I thought this habit was the best achievement I went to writing center. 

No comments:

Post a Comment