Monday, February 29, 2016

Once on this island's review

Once on this island
       The musical Once On This Island is the best musical drama I have ever seen. Saturday night I went to black box to watch the drama Once On This Island. This musical changed from a novel. Compare to Peter Pan I love this musical more. Because I think this drama is much nearer to our life and Peter Pan is more like story for children. Also Once On This Island gives me more deep think or deep meaning than Peter Pan. Because I am the last one watched musical Once On This Island, my friends who have already seen the drama promise to me that would be more interesting than Peter Pan. So I was very exciting to watch the musical.
       When the drama stared, I remembered in class Ms. Guarino already told us some background of the drama. For example the four Gods that control the power: Asaka who is the mother of the Earth, Agwe who is the god of water, Erzulie who is the goddess of love, Papa Ge who is the demon of death. In the musical I love the Papa Ge most, because she did what she was supposed to do. In the story, the Gods saved the little baby Ti Moune. Ti Moune is from a poor family, but she was fall in love with a boy who is from the rich family. Then the whole drama is around the Ti Moune's adventure of love. The story began with a car crash, Ti Moune fall in love with Daniel.
       I like this drama Once On This Island, because in the Ti Moune's journey are full of music and every part are romantic. During the drama I realize the all music is product by students. In the performance I saw Ms. DiGiacomo was stand in the right corner of the black box, and she was directing for music players. When I saw that I can not believe that our school's band can play the background music of drama. That is my favorite part of this performance.
       I think the Papa Ge is the best player, and she is main character in this show. When she was going to take the life of Daniel, her action is like a demon or the Death. Also in this drama she is my favorite character. In my opinion she is not a bad god, she just did what she was supposed to do. Also I think she took Timoune's life in order to let her does not keep get hurt by the rich family. Papage gave Timoune what she wants. However no one understands her thoughts. I think she might be the most kind of god in the story.

       In the end, I understand why Ms. Guarino always let us comes to black box to watch the drama. Because each drama is perfect and give us a lot meaning. Also because of Ms. Guarino, Mrs. DiGiacomo and all performers' hard work this show is going to awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment