Monday, March 7, 2016

Vocabulary


claim:
1. “Find anything today?” Mum asked one night when she’d got back from her job on the checkout at Khan’s and me and Dad were relaxing after a hard afternoon’s work out at the claim.
2. Noun
3. A demand for work should be done.
wobbling
1. The noise of a car drove into our ears and a four-wheel-drive police jeep came wobbling down the creamy red track that leads to our claim. It pulled over by our old Millard caravan and out came two policemen.
2. Verb
3. A sound of move or shake unsteadily.
startled
1. My dad turned around, startled. He was totally off his guard.
2. Verb
3. A surprise thing make someone slightly.
figment
1.kicked the air in the head to show Kellyanne that Pobby was a figment of her imaginings.
2. noun
3. A fake thing which thing create by imaginary
rummaged
1. He rummaged through piles of rocks.
2. Verb
3. Search something from a lot of you careless things
ute
1. Kellyanne glared at me through tears the way she did the time I slammed the door of the ute in Dingan’s face or the time
2. Noun
3. A vehicle to travel over rough around.
crackpot
1.Lightning Ridge was full of flaming crackpots as far as I could see.
2. Noun
3. Strange people which have strange and crazy idea.
Mello Yello
1.“Pobby and Dingan aren’t dead,” I said, hiding my anger in a swig from my can of Mello Yello.
2. Noun
3. A kind of drink
mates
1.“I still say Kellyanne could do with some real-live mates,” went on my dad,
2. Noun
3. Friends
opal
1.Tomorrow we’ll be on opal, son, and we’ll be bloody millionaires!
2. Noun
3.a kind of precious stone
fairdinkum
1.“Fairdinkum?” His excitement always caught ahold of me. I
2. Adj.
3. Honest and good
imaginary
1.Now, I was as much a rockhound as the next kid, but I wasn’t crazy enough to talk to imaginary friends, I’ll tell you that for nothing.
2. Adj.
3. Things created in mind or story not in real life
grub
1.She said they were quieter and better behaved than me and deserved the grub.
2. Noun
3. The food
fossilized
1.a fossilized mammoth tooth with sun-flash in it.
2. Adj.
3. Become a fossil.
mammoth
1.a fossilized mammoth tooth with sun-flash in it.
2. Noun
3. A huge animal like elephants with long hair.



No comments:

Post a Comment